The house manager is responsible for the smooth and welcoming entrance of patrons to Ten Thousand Things paid performances. House manager will welcome the public to the space and oversee their entrance, seating, safety and well-being before, during and immediately following performances.
Ten Thousand Things is a Twin Cities-based touring theater company that brings lively, intelligent, professional theater to people with little access to the wealth of the arts – who in turn help our artists and traditional audiences re-imagine what theater can be. We strive for artistic excellence in all we do and invest in artists as our greatest asset. We work toward honesty, depth and imagination in our work and our relationships and value diversity at all levels – in our performances, audiences, staff and leadership.
- A calm, kind and welcoming disposition
- Comfortable working with diverse communities and groups
- Experience in audience services or customer service preferred
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Cool under pressure and able to lead and remain calm in emergency situations
- Accuracy in cash accounting
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive space for all audience members and patrons
- Arrive promptly for specified start times
- Set up lobby/box office area with reading material and displays
- Be the point person for volunteer ushers
- Collect credit card payments
- Be available for patrons’ questions and needs
- Assist audience in seating
- Tabulate reservations, walk-ins and all payments
- Set up and run concessions and merchandise table at intermission
- Assist stage manager in getting audience seated at the completion of intermission
- Work with production manager to mitigate and help with any possible emergency situation
- Assist audience as they exit the space
- Replace lobby to its original set up each night
Apply by September 17, 2019.