For over 30 years, Ten Thousand Things has worked with more than 100 community partner organizations throughout the Twin Cities metro area and Greater Minnesota to come together through theater to celebrate, understand, challenge and be inspired.
Residencies & Workshops
Teen Youth Initiative
Ten Thousand Voices
Our unique model of producing theater includes working with community partners to identify and reduce barriers to participation for people diverse in race, gender, age, income, education, culture, and life circumstances. We address:
- Cost: We make half of our shows and all of our workshops and residencies free-of-charge, and our public shows offer pay-what-you-can offerings.
- Location: We produce shows throughout the Twin Cities Metro areas and in Greater Minnesota communities.
- Transportation: We tour shows to community partner venues where people have existing or easy transportation access, or where no transportation is required, such as low-income senior facilities.
- Cultural norms: We present theater in familiar settings, with all the lights on, in the middle of a circle of chairs, with no stage or other hierarchical structures.
- Relevancy: We choose bold, universal stories, ranging from classics, to contemporary plays and musicals, and work with diverse professional artists who reflect the age and color diversity in our audiences.
- Disabilities: We present in accessible spaces and offer audio description, ASL interpretation, and captioning at select performances. We also partner with several disability service organizations to present shows directly in their facilities.
Attendee at Powderhorn Park
"I was moved to tears. A true catharsis as Greek theater was for the Greeks. We were fortunate to also see it outdoors as in Greek times."
Jan at Everwood Farm
"The performance at Everwood Farm, near Glenwood City, WI was gorgeous. Thanks so much for bringing Euripides, and you, to our part of the world."
Cherry and Spoon
"Iphigenia at Aulis is a gorgeous production with a large and hugely talented cast, that uses an original score to tell this ancient story."
Paul at Luminary Arts Center
"My wife and I have been attending TTT productions for going on 20 years. Last night's Iphigenia was yet another reason why we attend...just a beautiful 90 minutes of theater."